Fantasy Debutante Commissioner's Blog

February 28, 2012

Team D’Etat!

Filed under: Uncategorized — The Commissioner @ 8:53 am

Or……Team Muses?

8 Comments »

1. I plead the Fifth. Brother in D’Etat, niece/godchild in Muses. It is getting lots of comments on nola.com. Due to other posts, the PG and I went back and re-watched our DVR of the Comus Ball with an eye to spotting you which he did right away. Fabulous dress and hair.

Comment by Northshore Sustainer — February 28, 2012 @ 11:49 am

2. I’m thinking D’Etat drew first blood…. and then a few Muse babes responded in a not so great way. I’d always assumed that the rivalry was a friendly one; knowing several D’Etat/Muses couples. I can say….. with a healthy degree of “been there, done that”…… Mr. McCarthy LOVES to work the controversy angle. If he manages to uncover a mole hill, expect a mountain on the front page by morning. (Knowing that, I would STILL totally interview with him again. He is just THAT hot!)

Here’s hoping both Krewes use the publicity to their best advantage and respond with the humor and irreverency for which they are known during next year’s parades.

And thanks for the DVR comments!

Comment by The Commissioner — February 28, 2012 @ 1:19 pm

3. Is there a link to this drama? We, who are a ways away, don’t know what’s hap’n!

Comment by Headmistress — February 28, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

4. Check out Nola.com. It was on the home page earlier. I’ll try to post a link when I get home.

Comment by The Commissioner — February 28, 2012 @ 4:29 pm

5. “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.”

Comment by fil — February 28, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

6. Not to worry; I’ve found it. Oh, good heavens; much ado about nothing! Thank you so much for offering to post!

Comment by Headmistress — February 28, 2012 @ 4:42 pm

7. I was curious why Muses was throwing mooing cow beads. Wonder who recorded the moo. . .

Comment by Bathurst — February 29, 2012 @ 7:38 pm

8. I had no idea there was even a rivalry until I read the article. Clearly I’m out of the loop. I can only hope it inspires funnier floats for Mardi Gras 2013 from both Krewes!

Comment by The Perfect Gentleman — February 29, 2012 @ 8:44 pm